Try this fun LOVE themed craft to go along with Casey's latest book for babies. It's a great craft to bond with your little one and you end up with a really cool keepsake. Baby feet are adorable after all! You can also do this as a fingerprint art instead of footprints.
Here's how to create it. You'll need the following supplies:
- Crayola washable kid paint
- paintbrush or sponge
- damp rag to wash off feet
- light colored paper for background (this would look cute on canvas too)
- Oval cut out eyes from white paper
- black, brown, green, orange sharpies/markers
- orange diamond shape for beak
- Sponge or use paintbrush of chosen Crayola washable kid paint color for your child’s foot to be the owl. Do one foot at a time and use damp cloth to clean off foot when done.
- Top of feet should touch and heels slightly together. It can be more then shown on this example.
- Allow paper to dry for 24 hours
- Use black marker to draw pupils on the eyes. You can add a color around the pupil if you’d like.
- Glue eyes onto inner balls of your child’s painted feet on the paper.
- Glue orange diamond (or use orange marker to draw one) between the eyes but under painted feet.
- Use orange marker to draw oval claws at your child’s painted on heel.
- Use brown marker to make a tree limb for owl to be perched one. Color it in.
- Add green leaves to the branch. Can turn leaves into hearts as example shows.
- Can use other markers to create other creatures you would see in the forest as fingerprint art.